Sunday, January 31, 2010

Indoor Snowboarding


Yesterday some friends and I took the subway to the last stop then took a short taxi ride to an indoor skiing facility. Luckily, we brought plastic trash bags to wrap around our feet before we put them in the funky smelling boots. Once we were with equipment and out to "the slope", we stood in line for the "pole lift".

Well, Alan was first, and juggling a water bottle he slipped up a little, but managed to hang on to his pole and slowly get up the slope. Then it was my turn. I had watched the guy in front of Alan leave his feet out of the bindings and stand on the narrow part of the board with both feet, and it looked easy enough. Boy was I wrong! The board quickly started 'getting off course' causing me to wobble and fall off the pole. So much snow went down my pants! So, Krystle is laughing it up and misses the next pole, which turned out good for me, because I had a second attempt to get resituated, and try again. Attempt two went no better than the first one, and it was the third pole before I got up the mountain. At the top, my calves were already aching! We all had to take a rest at the top just from getting up!

Down the slope went by too quickly and it was back to the pole lift. By the third time we went up, the pole lift began to get better and we all enjoyed our indoor boarding experience. Just remember to bring trash bags for your feet and wash your hands after tying your smelly boot strings!

No comments: