Sunday, September 7, 2008

guanxi

   Yea for BICF on Sundays. Blessed by worship and teachings. Sang Hosanna. Took Communion. Thank you Jesus for this sweet reminder of your body broken for us. And for the blood you shed for all mankind. Good to reunite with the fellow believers here.
   Made some good contacts today and on the subway I met the gentleman who befriended me on the bus ride to the 798 Art district back on July 20th. It is amazing to me that over a month later on a subway in a city of 16 million I run into a guy that I met on a bus. Anyway, he introduced me to his wife and we exchanged contact info. This may be crazy. But I feel a real connection to these people I have been meeting, especially the ones I run into more than once. I hope I am able to keep in touch with them. 
   
   Tonight after work, I walked to the Olympic Green. I got to see some of the interns that are still here and have not yet returned to school. You should have seen the look on Jason's face. He was so happy! Here is a video of him telling my parents hello before I left working at the Shuang center. *Notice his glasses are broken. They were still broken when I saw him today. I think it adds to his character. But if I am able to visit them again on Tuesday Im going see if I can help him get them fixed. Anyway--this guy was so much fun to work with and would teach me new Chinese words and I would teach him English words. Don't be jealous, but we even have a secret hand shake. Oh, there is nothing like Zhong Guo (Chinese) peng yous (friends)!

2 comments:

iamthird said...

when i click on the video it says currently not available. is this just my connection or is anyone else having trouble viewing it? i will try to upload it via a link next.

mxhar said...

this video says the same thing,currently not availabe.keep trying.
Just spoke to your Grandad asi wrote this. He said Hello and he loves you,
So do we, take care