Friday, August 8, 2008

One WORLD, One DREAM

sightings/meetings:
Jacques Rogge (IOC President)
Juan Antonio Samaranch (Former IOC President)
Jackie Chan 
Yao Ming’s parents
Mrs. World (Chinese)
Muhtar Kent (President of CocaCola)
Yao Ming
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Carmello Anthony
Teyshaun Prince
Roger Federer
Dirk Nowitzky 
       Not bad for a days work. ☺ !!!!!
The first two I saw at a Pin Trading Center opening this morning, the next four at a VIP event at the Shuang Center on the Olympic Green.
       After the VIP event, the interns were going to stay and watch the opening on the TV. When the TV wasn’t picking up the signal, a friend Mour and I headed out to see how close we could get to the National Stadium. We overheard a Columbian lady trying to talk to the Chinese guards. Once we realized she was trying to get in line with her team, we offered to help her. We walked with her into the building that the athletes were waiting in before they walked into the stadium. Uh, so yea, we mixed and mingled and then watched the teams walk over the Bird’s Nest. What a day! Beijing 2008 is rocking my socks off!
      Jackie came in the Shuang Experience Center with big sunglasses on and a large camera (disguised as media). Only two guys walked in with him. A few minutes later his wife and son came in. Yao Ming's parents are very tall. And LeBron and Kobe and CFA fans. One WORLD, One DREAM! GO USA!!!


5 comments:

Dianne said...

VERY cool, Rachel! Luke told me last night you'd called just before things were starting yesterday morning...that made me smile, just to know you were thinking of 'home,' while you were having such a great experience. I saw Yao Ming on TV last night and heard him interviewed. Keep up the posts. I love them! :-)

lynn Salyers said...

Hi Rachel, How awesome!!!!!!!! We are living it through you! I love all of your comments!!!! How is the pin trading? You have to go to a swimming event! Look for Kathleen Hersey in the 200 fly! It's so exciting! Live every minute of it. The Coke pavilion looks awesome! We love you! We have skipe so try to call me! love you bunches! We will have a big ole CFA sandwich waiting for you when you return! Lynn

lynn Salyers said...

Rachel, this is so exciting following your adventures through your Blog... It sounds like your experience is all you had hoped for and then some... so cool!!! It is really fun for us to follow along so keep those late night blog sessions going... your fans are out here waiting to hear about your exploits. I noticed Kobe Bryant, Yao Ming, Jackie Chan and others have listed you as one of their "star sightings" on their blogs... lucky them!!! Know there are many of us out here cheering and praying for you... this is so much fun... now get back to the adventure!!!! We love you very much!!!
All His best to you Rachel!!! David

Mel said...

The pictures are great! Much better than just talking about it over the phone. Wow! Your credential name badge is almost as big as you are! You're gonna need to get a massage when you get back after hauling that thing around for days! Thinking of you and praying for you! Can't wait to hear all the stories.

iamthird said...

Hey David and Lynn! I got to go to an opening of one of the pin trading centers it is in the Beijing Exhibition center, it was really big and also had a lot of stamps buying/trading going on. I have a small collection of 4 so far.
David, you were right, it is a great way to meet people, it amazes me how many people notice the few small ones I have on my name badge!
Lynn--im trying to find tickets to a swimming event, I would love to see the inside of the water cube. Did you see the mens 4 relay that US barely won! Wow that was a neat one to see on tv earlier. I cannot WAIT for the CFA sandwich--i ran into some guys last night really craving one, i had some mini moo so i gave them to them!

Hey Melanie! So good to hear your voice the other night, thanks for talking me through some things. And you are Exactly right-- my neck does hurt sometimes after a long day at work! the badges are like double the size of seminar ones!--but how blessed am I?! it gets me onto the olympic green everyday for work!