Thursday, August 21, 2008

so much has changed.

here: i have grown to know and love my work and the people I work with. I feel accomplished in being able to get around such a big city. I have a heart for the people here. I have seen a city open up to the world. I have embrased a new environment and dealt with many unfamiliar situations.

at home: people have passed away, children have been born, friends have started jobs and new semesters at school.

I dont know what to expect when I return home. I know I will be facing many changes and probably a bit of culture shock. How can I love change so much, but at the same time it be so difficult for me?

5 comments:

The Blakelys said...

hey Rachel! We have enjoyed reading your blog. It sounds like you have had a busy and eventful time. Keep us posted on what is going on whenever you get home. We love you. Tricia

Connie said...

I love you Rachel. I know just what you mean about change! Speaking of, James and I can't wait to introduce you to someone special on Sunday! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you decided to go Rachel. You have been making some great memories as well as friends. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us back home. I can't wait to see you...Aunt Rachel :)!

La chica en el Sueño Utópico said...

I am right there with you on the change thing Rachel. Korea is awesome and terrible all at the same time for me.

Mel said...

I'm glad you're home safely and trust that you've met your nephew by now. As long as I've known you, Rachel, you have been in a state of change. There is always a flurry of activity surrounding you which has been fun to watch and be a part of over the years. Keep trying new experiences and learn as much as you can! All our love, Mel & Chip