Sunday, October 5, 2008

Legends of the FALL

           This morning I woke up and opened the window- the air was cool and so fall-ish! I snapped this photo on the street in Korea and caught some of the fallen leaves as a lady walked by. For the most part the trees are still green here. Are the leaves changing yet there?

          Mostly in the fall I think of sweaters, the geese flying in and landing on the lake, the changing color of leaves, football, and fires. 
      Here, so far fall has been: leaving the window open, a long sleeve shirt, strolling down the street, and the baristas in coffee and doughnut shops with witch hats and pumpkin decorations for Halloween. Who knew Halloween was so big over seas? 

3 comments:

Jessica said...

AWESOME photo!! Fall is definitely creeping in here...still 85 degrees during the day. Soon enough, though! Miss you :)

Miriam said...

Great pictures RC! Fall is pretty much my favorite time of year!! :)

Taryn said...

You are already on your way to becoming that travel journalist! This is a truly captivating and beautiful shot and your journaling across the board matches. Really thoughtful and neutral- I can actually see it in my mind. Seriously I literally walked up that little hill with you and had dinner with that woman who told you about the separation of their family in N. Korea. So touching.