Sunday, October 19, 2008

rainy day on the island...

Today I feel broken. I am tired and hungry.
There was a nice guy at the Passion conference in Seoul that gave me a dvd with a message about hope on it. I watched it today with what was left on the battery on my laptop (no converters here-maybe when I am back in Bangkok). It was such perfect timing to watch it. I needed to hear the truths said. Also, I opened an email from a dear friend who casually mentioned Matthew 6:25-34 at the end of the message. Verse 34 says "therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Wonderful how reminders come when you need them the most.
We only have a few more days to explore this island of Koh Samui. I am thankful for coconuts and good health!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come Home! H

Amy said...

Matt 6:33-34 is my life verse. That's cool that you are wherever in the world you are and we can be connected by that. I miss you. Come visit me!

mxhar said...

So glad to hear from u. A week is to long without a blog. Sounds like u are a little bit blue. I am sure u will feel better when it stops raining. We miss u so come on back home soon.
Love u and pray for u.

Dianne said...

I hope you are feeling better! It sounds like you are taking in all that you possibly can...smart girl...these are chances of a lifetime that you are experiencing, so enjoy it for all it's worth. I sit by your grandmother every Sunday in choir and she is so proud of you. You have lots of people here who love you and are remembering you. Keep us posted. And thanks for all the pictures and letting us 'visit' those places with you. You're awesome.

MDS said...

Hi Rachel,

Feel better. Sleep and eat. That's what I do. I got back on Sat and am now in the process of uploading pics and backfilling blog material.

Let me know which ones you want, ok? Hope you had a good rest of your trip in Korea. Mine was good and I wish it didn't have to end. But I think that it's good that it did... will make me appreciate the good things that much more.

Talk soon,

MDS