Wednesday, July 16, 2008

hes got the whole world...

     Today was a great day at the office. Got to help work with the design team, to put together a frame for pictures when the VIPs leave the “Shuang Experience Center”. Kind of stressful to find to enormous images we needed, but it was fun playing with some of the Coke advertisements. And practicing my mandarin.
     At the end of the day, I don't know why, I starting feeling down. I think it was because I just wanted to speak english to someone and them understand me. Well, HE answered my pr*yer because one of my American coworkers walked by and I was able to help her get a taxi and she needed to borrow my phone because hers was not working properly. Long story short, I felt so much better after just being able to help someone else. Another thing that put a bounce back in my step was meeting a beautiful lady Jackie from Zimbabwe who is staying in our building. We only talked for a bit but I was so refreshed by her spirit. I really enjoy people who are from around the world!
     Speaking of advertisements heres one courtesy of double3 :
http://spaceinvaders.com.br/2008/07/09/coca-cola-pemberton/

5 comments:

Brittany Carnes said...

Rachel,
Don't get discouraged or down...the L*rd has put you there for a purpose...remember that and find comfort in it! The will of G*d will not take you where the GRACE of G*d will not protect you! Look at the upside...you should be an expert in Mandarin when you return:) I admire your strength and the prayers are continuously coming on your behalf:) One more thing, GET SILLY! You can teach Angel that! haha! I hope that made you smile!

Anonymous said...

Rachel,we are loveing your blogs. I shared them with your Grandmother yesterday, Wed. after we came home from picking blueberries. We will have plenty for u when u get back. Sounds like u are off and running with your duties with coke. Keep having fun and sending your blogs.
Love you and praying for you every day. Max and Shirley
ps. Grandmother said HELLO.

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

Hey Rachel!!! I miss you! I finally set up James and my blog. It is jamesandconniecathy.blogspot.com I loved the Chinese 101! Love You!
Connie
p.s. I had to delete my other post b/c I wrote the wrong website. haha

Dianne said...

It's so great to read what you've got going on and seeing that so many people are remembering you. We may be a long way away, but we love you and are here for you! Don't be discouraged...we are proud of you!