Tuesday, July 22, 2008

real facts this time (jenna)...

 1-  Coca-Cola in Chinese is "ke kou ke le"- it means "delicious happiness".

 2- Fu Wa - is translated as 'fortune' and 'baby' or 'little kid' 
             For the Olympics there have been 5 Fu Wa created as mascots for the games. Their names are BeiBei JingJing HuanHuan YingYing and NiNi. If you take the first part of each of their names it is "Beijing huanying ni" which is translated to Beijing welcomes you. Uh, I just realized a lot of this info is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuwa

 3- Someone shared with me the recent article in the AJC about the games-the Shuang Experience Center mentioned is what I am involved with. Right now we are creating marking boards for advertisement and organizing the lists of VIPs coming the the SEC.
 
 4- Someone also shared with be the article about a bus bming- this was in a city farther south than I am. Please pray for the lives and families affected.
   Hope this gives you more insight to my world here. Wan an!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I love hearing about everything! I'm so glad you are having a good time and experiencing so many cool things. By the way, I have skype so I added you. You are in our prayers and we love you!!

mxhar said...

Please keep the post coming. We enjoy everything about what is happening with you. Am sendind email from Gmother k.