Saturday, July 26, 2008

wed, thurs, fri, sat

Wednesday-Managers invited me to a French place for lunch. Good eats and a nice break from the office. Later finished reading Life of Pi and went to a birthday dinner.

Thursday- I got credentials to go on the Olympic Green! This is very exciting because it is a moment I have been waiting for ever since I knew the Olympics would be in Beijing. It seems that at first I thought it would be so neat to make it back here for the Olympics. When I realized the games would be held the summer after I graduated that dream was one step closer. When I got the internship, the dream still seemed a dream. Now I am here. It is really happening. I am in the city that the world is turning its eyes to. The dream is becoming reality. 

Friday- Didn't get home from work until 8.30. The office was non-stop all day. People running around, and shipments coming all day. You can hardly walk around with all the boxes that line the walls with uniforms and supplies. Wow. 

Saturday- Yea for clean clothes! Got to go to a friends house to do laundry and catch up on some emails. I just got back from the African church service that is held on Sat nights. My spirit is renewed from the unhindered worship and the powerful teaching. My heart is warmed by the people and my new friend Sarah. She is from Kenya and studying here to be a doctor. 
  
  Tonight we sang: 
Jesu fela ene fela
Jesu Moratiwa, wa pelo yaka
Jesu Moratiwa, wa pelo yaka
Ke rata Jesu, ene fela
I love Jesus, Jesus Only
Jesus the lover of my soul
I love him so much
He is the lover of my soul
I love him so much.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

That is so exciting Rachel!! :)

mxhar said...

Rachel, Got your email and delivered to Grandmother. She was excited to hear back so soon. Sounds like you are staying busy and having lot of fun. We love all of your blogs and I am passing them to Grandmother.
Love you.

Kristin Murdock said...

Rachel I love reading your blog - these are such cool things you are doing! Hope to see you in San Diego again sometime soon.

Unknown said...

dude how cool are the kenyans? i LOVE them. what tribe is she from?